HIGH ON THE HILL!
Perfectly placed between the coast & the city and at the high end of the street, this is the kind of charming family home you can’t help but fall in love with. A recently rejuvenated exterior creates serious street appeal for the beautifully presented Scarborough cottage at 90 Gildercliffe Street. With plenty of living area, space to entertain & an interior that stays true to its era, this is the epitome of the Australian family home.
Step through the front gate, past the enclosed double car port, and into the inviting front grassed area. This benefits from the privacy of a modern rendered wall with aluminium slatted fencing. The welcoming timber-decked front verandah leads indoors where the conveniences of contemporary living collide with nostalgic 1950s Australiana charm.
The front space, currently being utilised as a large bedroom, features a show-stopping light & bright brick feature wall and fireplace. With high ceilings and a sizeable window welcoming natural light into the room, there is a real sense of space & potential to use this as a second living space.
Also at the front of the house is a good sized master bedroom, complete with en-suite & a roomy walk in robe. The kids’ or guest rooms also have plenty of space & are cleverly separated from the master, sharing a large family bathroom. One of these rooms could easily be used as the perfect office if you work from home or study space for your young academics.
Beautiful original hardwood flooring flows throughout the home. Nestled in the corner is a well appointed, good-sized kitchen complete with island bench - the perfect place for the growing family or professional couple to enjoy breakfast before heading out for the day. The huge living space could host a substantial dining table & lounge area, whatever suits your needs.
On a summer’s day, at one of many family gatherings, slide open the tinted bi-fold doors & let the party seamlessly flow out into your outdoor living area. Avid entertainer’s will be more than happy with the partly shaded, landscaped back yard oasis, ideal for barbecues and designed to maximise privacy from neighbouring properties.
Offering a perfect slice of the Scarborough lifestyle, this character cottage is ideal for the growing family, professional couple or astute investor. The newly renovated exterior makes for enviable curb appeal and a well-designed floor plan makes this the perfect place to call home.
HOME IN BRIEF:
- 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, large double brick family home
- Spacious master with en-suite and walk-in-robe
- Two more good sized bedrooms, plus study which could be converted to a fourth room
- Double secure carport plus single garage/store & extra store room
- Full length, tinted Bi-fold doors flow from the family room to outdoor living
- Well-appointed kitchen with ample storage & bench space with a good-sized island bench
- Stunning jarrah/hardwood floors flow throughout
- Split system air conditioning & ceiling fans in most rooms
- Landscaped & shaded back garden oasis
- Large 393 sqm street front, Survey Strata block (no strata fees)
- Recently revitalised exterior with rendered brick walls & modern slatted fence
- Inviting front yard with fully reticulated garden
- Gas Instant HWS, dishwasher, alarm, 900mm ILVE gas upright cooker, Insulation
Scarborough Beach & Esplanade - 5 min drive
Bus stop - 2min walk
Karrinyup Shops - 4min drive
Innaloo Shops & cinemas - 7min drive
Doubleview IGA - 10 min walk
Doubleview Primary School - 3min drive
Deanmore Primary School - 4min drive
Scarborough Primary School - 4min drive
Churchlands High School - 8min drive
Hale School - 6min drive
St Mary’s Anglican Girls’ School - 5min drive
Abbott Park - 4min walk
Hamersly & Karrinyup Golf Courses - 8min drive
Perth CBD - 15/20min drive